Sunday, July 14, 2013

I can finally show

everyone two projects I've worked on over the last few months. 

First...the shower gift.  From the gift registry I purchased a martini shaker, glasses and olive picks.  I added a couple other little things like a drink recipe book and some funny coasters.  But, the real fun part was the bag.  I modified a pattern called Screen Play to show more fabric.   

 

Then there is the wedding sampler.  Loved this pattern and the fabric.  It is 'He Loves Me' by Amy Bruecken Designs.  I am really bad about fabric names and I bought the cut at the shop and never wrote down the specifics.  It was a wonderfully soft and lush piece of even weave.  The pattern wasn't designed as a wedding sampler, I just added the names and dates to the bottom. 

 
 
(I know...the signature is intrusive but it blocks out their names. Plus, you'll notice I worked out how to add a signature to pictures.)
 
The bridal shower was yesterday and the bride-to-be has received both so it's safe for me to show them. 
 
Has anyone else noticed the font on Blogger lately?  'Normal' is very tiny.  Sometimes when I read a blog I can barely see the words.  When I started typing my own I found it to be the same way.  So, I've moved up to 'large' and hope that improves things. 
 
Happy Stitching.

3 comments:

  1. Super fabulous gift.I know it will be licved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fabulous gift.I know it will be licved

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and unique shower gift--I love it and I'm sure the bride and groom did, too! Your wedding sampler is so nice, too--not the typical hearts and doves thing...

    YES--I've had a huge problem with the font size on Blogger--my blog's type looks minute, but if I make it large then it is giant!! Ugh...

    ReplyDelete