Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I really wasn't abducted....

maybe hijacked...but not abducted.  We have been so busy these last few weeks.  I don't think I've ever had such a busy spring.  Day after day and evening after evening.  Today I think the roller coaster is slowing. 

We had a college graduation (summa cum laude...not to brag or anything but I'm sure thrilled), a board of education election (me...yup...took the plunge), and the middle child got a fabulous summer internship that takes him back to his college campus for the summer.  I miss that kid every day.  We are so proud of his accomplishments that I wouldn't dream of holding him back. 

My girls will be working away from home for the summer.  My plan is to sew, sew, sew.  I should be cranking out finishes at an alarming rate.  (Cross my fingers and knock on wood that something else doesn't dominate my days.)

In the mean time...I finished all 4 Silhouette pieces according to plan.  Sort of.  I stitched all 4 at the rate of one a month like I'd hoped but didn't finish-finish the last two until this month.  It's all good, though.  Nobody is keeping track...right? 

They are so cute but not so cute that I actually want to stitch any more.  The spring/Easter patterns are really cute but I passed on adding them to my stash.  At some point I have to decide I have enough of something.  Lord knows, I have enough* stash! 
 
*I know...'enough' is relative.  I have 'enough' for now. 
 
Can't wait to see what everyone else is stitching and sewing this summer. 


4 comments:

  1. You really have been busy! Congrats on all the kids accomplishments. Board of Ed? Yikes...you are brave. On my way to Wyoming with Claire next week where her internship is. Your finishes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet finishes! Busy times here too ~ good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your post!! And huge congratulations to your daughter on her highest honors diploma!! I can imagine how proud you must be :) Good luck with the school board position--my mom did it for a few years and it was like being in a hornet's nest...

    Love, love, love those sweet finishes--just perfect. Hope you get more free time very soon for all of your quilting, stitching, and finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, oh my, these finishes are just fantastic. The thread colour, the finishing, the patterns, just everything. I'm looking forward to seeing what your next finishes will be. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete